- After grouting is complete, please allow 8 hours before walking on surface.
- Please allow at least 72 hours after installation (to allow new ceramic tile and grout to dry) before damp mopping.
Preventive Maintenance / Tile Cleaning Tips:
- Damp mop weekly — Wipe down your ceramic floor with a damp mop at least once a week (or more often for heavy traffic areas) , make certain that any cleanser you have chosen is compatible with grout cleaning, (neutral pH), and will not stain the grout. Never use a detergent or soap, because it can dull the surface or promote the growth of mildew. Routine cleaners should never contain acids, vinegar, chlorines or ammonia, as these chemicals can damage and discolor the grout or the surface of the stone/tile.
- Use protective mats — Good quality entry and exit mats will help protect your ceramic tile from premature wear. They trap the dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt, or driveway sealer that would otherwise be tracked onto your floor. Mats are also suggested at heavy pivot locations, such as in front of your kitchen sink or stove. Protect your tile by affixing felt or similar pads to the legs of any metal, iron, wood, or plastic furniture that will be placed on it. Exterior metal furniture, which rests on tile floors or patios, may rust and cause staining.
- Tile & Stone offer the distinction of nature itself. Variations in size, color, texture, and pattern should be expected and enjoyed. This distinguishing characteristic of tile is a source of its natural beauty.
- Tiles are special order. They may be ordered in full boxes only and may not be returnable.
- Most Tile & Stone flooring product is labeled for shade and color variation with one of the following ratings:
V-I Low: Low shade and texture variations within each carton.
V-2 Moderate: Distinguishable differences in texture and pattern within each color.
V-3 High: High shade and texture variation within each carton.
Random: Random variations of shade and texture within each carton.