The holiday season brings lots of extra activity. Hosting parties, family dinners and entertaining friends are what makes this time special. Keep your floors looking beautiful throughout the season with regular cleaning.
Here are a few tips to remember:
- Use dirt-trapping, walk-off mats at all exterior doors to help prevent dirt, grit and sand from getting inside on your floors. Throw rugs or small area rugs just inside the entrances are also helpful.
- Vacuum your floors regularly using a brush attachment. This will remove grit and small stones that can scratch your floors.
- Dry mopping the floor helps to keep it dust free and is a quick way to maintain a clean floor in between vacuuming. DO NOT use a household dust treatment on your mop as this may cause your floor to become slick or dull the finish. It can also leave a film that can impair bonding of future recoats.
- When it’s time to damp mop your floors, use water sparingly and be sure to get most of the water out of your mop. We recommend that you use Loba Hardwood cleaner available at our showroom in Loveland, CO.
- Please DO NOT use wax, Orange Glow®, Murphy® Oil Soap, Endust®, Pledge®, etc. on the floors, as it will leave a residue and make it difficult to buff and refinish your floors in the future.
Regular vacuuming of your rugs and carpet are the best way to keep dirt and grit from getting into the pile and abrading the fibers. Be sure to take care of any spills promptly to prevent staining. Blot liquids with a dry, white cloth or white paper towels. Continue blotting until the area is barely damp. Use a spoon to pick up semi-solids, like food. Dried solids may lift with thorough vacuuming. Be careful not to use a scrub brush on your carpets as it will likely cause fraying and damage the texture.
Treating spots and stains
It’s important to take care of stains and spots as soon as possible. If you’re not sure what to use, click here to view recommendations from the Carpet and Rug Institute. We also carry spot remover here in the showroom.
Vacuum and damp mopping tile floors with a mild cleaner is the easiest way to keep them looking great. Pay special attention to areas where you’ll be entertaining, like guest baths, kitchens and dining rooms. Walk-off mats and small rugs at entrances and other heavily used areas keep maintenance to a minimum.
We invite you to visit our newly designed showroom at 1264 S. Grant Street in Loveland and pick up some cleaners to keep your floors and home looking beautiful!